At The Inn at Tacaro Estate, located in Tracys Landing, MD, and listed on the Maryland Inventory of Historic Places, we warmly welcome all guests. It is important to us that everyone who visits The Inn at Tacaro Estate website or Inn feels welcome and finds the experience seamless and rewarding. However, due to the historical significance of our 1940s estate, the Inn is not fully wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the property’s historical significance.
- The main entrance into the estate requires the navigation of one 4” step.
- The parking/valet area is gravel.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the entry doors are 36” wide and most interior doors are 33” wide, the interior structure includes narrow bathroom doorways of 28.5” wide that do not accommodate a full-size wheelchair.
- The elevator does not accommodate a wheelchair and is suitable for only one guest.
- No rooms include a roll-in shower.
Limited Accessible Accommodation(s):
So all guests can enjoy Tacaro Estate, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers at our property. We offer the following for those with limited disabilities:
- Taylor’s Suite: Located on the first floor offers a private front entrance plus an interior entrance from the mansion’s library and back motor court.
- This guest room does not offer full ADA accessibility as the structure includes 28.5″ wide doorways leading from the interior of the room to the bathroom. There is also a single step down from the living room side of the suite to the bedroom area.
- A portable ramp can be placed on the step to facilitate a small wheelchair that can navigate a 28.5″ wide door frame.
- This room offers a tub/shower combination rather than a roll-in shower.
- There is wheelchair access from the gravel motor court into the house.
- There is wheelchair access to the dining room of the Inn.
- Portable ramps are available for navigation from the outside to inside the Inn.
- A concrete ramp is available for access from the upper to the lower garden, and the drive off of Leitch Rd. is hardscape.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Tacaro Estate can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible accommodations.
- We have identified and described accessible features and physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether a guest room or cottage meets their needs.
- Our standard operating procedure is to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our client’s right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that accessible accommodations are available and information detailing the barriers to accessibility are included on their platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the Inn, where members of the public are allowed to go.
- We have portable ramps available for wheelchairs so that the one step from outside to inside can be navigated.
- We have a concrete ramp from the upper garden to the lower garden and hardscaped driveways down to the street.
- We have wheelchair accessible parking.
- We have an antique elevator that was retrofitted into the house in the 1940s. With only a 17” wide entry door on the first floor, it must be walked into. The second floor and the Speakeasy doorways are 28” wide. The maximum capacity of the elevator is 350 lbs.
- Our Taylor’s Suite is on the first floor and it is relatively accessible to someone with limited disabilities. It has hardwood floors and tile, but there is a single step down from the living room side of the suite to the bedroom area. A portable ramp is available to allow passage from one room to the other. The doorways are 33” wide into the room but only 28.5” wide into the bathroom. Thus the doorway to the bathroom is not wide enough for a full-size wheelchair but may be accessible for a travel wheelchair or transport chair. There is also a tub/shower combination.
- We have two powder rooms on the first floor near the wheelchair accessible door from the parking area. However, the doors to both powder rooms are only 28.5” wide. Therefore, they are not wide enough for a full-size wheelchair but may be accessible for a travel wheelchair or transport chair.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (410) 919-6305 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Periodically, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (410) 919-6305 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility, including issues accessing the website.