Elevate Your Maryland Accommodations
|Taylor’s Suite||Two||King||Shower/Tub Combo||Private Entrance, Private Terrace, Separate Sitting Room, Two Fireplaces, Pet-Friendly||Check Rates|
|Rose Suite||Two||Queen||Shower/Tub Combo||Private Entrance, Private Terrace, Fireplace, Bridal Suite||Check Rates|
|Caroline’s Suite||Three||King||Shower/Tub Combo||Dressing Room with Twin Sofa Bed, Private Terrace, Fireplace, Combinable with The Stateroom, Pet-Friendly||Check Rates|
|Pasadena Suite||Three||King||Shower/Tub Combo||Private Terrace, Dressing Room with Twin Bed, Fireplace, Large Closets||Check Rates|
|Martin Bird Room||Two||King||Shower/Tub Combo||Semi-Private Entrance, Fireplace, Chaise Lounge||Check Rates|
|The Stateroom||Two||Queen||Shower/Tub Combo||Semi-Private Entrance, Fireplace, Combinable with Caroline’s Suite||Check Rates|
|Magnolia Room||Three||Queen||Shower/Tub Combo||Daybed, Fireplace, Combinable with the Hydrangea Room||Check Rates|
|Hydrangea Room||Three||King||Shower/Tub Combo||Daybed, Fireplace, Combinable with the Magnolia Room||Check Rates|
For our guests’ comfort and indulgence, we offer the following amenities in each room and suite (unless otherwise noted):
- Wood burning and/or electric fireplaces (our wood-burning fireplace season is from October 15th to April 15th).
- Individually controlled air conditioning.
- Frette robes and slippers, soaking tubs, Speakman showers, towel warmers, and hairdryers.
- Luxury European bath amenities.
- Beds outfitted in fine Matouk linens and Matellase spreads with seasonal down comforters or blankets (non-allergy, down-alternative options available upon request).
- Comfortable sitting areas, lounges, and/or cozy window seats.
- Suites have private terraces with lounge furniture & café tables.
- All rooms and suites have smart TVs.
Complimentary provisions offered to our guests include:
- Breakfast buffet in the dining room from 8:30 a.m. until 10 a.m. with granola, yogurt, cereal, juice, toast, and a choice of two hot entrees served at your table.
- Petit dejeuner baskets delivered to your room as an alternative to eating breakfast in the dining room. Delectable basket indulgences include hot coffee or tea and pastries with jam and fruit, juice, and soft or hard boiled eggs.
- Complimentary fast Wi-Fi.
- Wine and tea hour from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. with wine from local vineyards. Tea and crudités also available.
- Tesla charging station.
Leisure Activities & Amenities:
On or off the estate, guests can take advantage of these leisure amenities and activities:
- Heated swimming pool and spa (available between May 15th and November 15th).
- Outdoor fire pits, seating areas, and covered porches–request s’mores on the fire!
- Exploration of the estate’s 74 acres of land and stables.
- Complimentary bike rentals.
- Library complete with books, a chess table, and other games.
- Boat charters embarking from the close-by Town Point Marina.
- Wine tasting concierge.
- Picnic baskets and charcuterie platters (available upon request).
- Learn about the history of Herring Bay from the inn owners.
- Local eatery and sightseeing recommendations.
Please review all of our policies prior to booking your stay in one of our Chesapeake Bay accommodations. Please note, all policies are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- All reservations require a one-night room deposit per room at the time of booking. Final payment will be charged to the credit card on file 48 hours prior to arrival.
- For holidays and special events, the balance due will be charged 30 days prior to the arrival date.
- All weekend and suite reservations require a two-night stay.
- Rates quoted are for two people and can vary according to the day of the week and season. Please note that our quiet month is March.
- The sales and lodging tax rate is a combined 13% (6% MD State and 7% Anne Arundel County lodging tax).
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex, and cash. All refunds are subject to a $50 processing fee.
- Absolutely NO smoking, vaping, or burning of candles or incense in any of the buildings or outside on the property.
- All guest rooms and suites have Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs with streaming capability, private baths (unless otherwise specified), radiator heating, and portable air-conditioning.
- All public rooms have central high velocity air-conditioning.
- All guest rooms have either wood-burning, eco-friendly fireplaces, or antique cast-iron fireplaces. Eco-friendly fireplaces and antique cast-iron fireplaces are available year round for heat and/or ambiance, but wood-burning fireplaces are available from October 15th to April 15th. Therefore, if you plan a visit to The Inn at Tacaro Estate to enjoy a wood-burning fire in a fireplace, please plan your stay between those dates.
- If you would like to order a package or room add-on, please give us 72 hours of advance notice.
- Our rear motor court and original buttressed retaining wall cannot handle the weight of large trucks, vans, or buses, and our rear driveway has tight turns. Oversized vans, trucks, and buses cannot enter from the main driveway and exit through the rear driveway and therefore cannot access the estate unless special arrangements are made at least 72 hours in advance.
- Our property is strictly reserved for guests of the inn. No unregistered guests are permitted in-room or on the grounds, with the exception of during a wedding or other event, or as approved in advance by the inn owners.
- Check-in is at 3:00 p.m. Check-out is at 11:00 a.m.
- Breakfast is served daily from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- In lieu of enjoying breakfast in the main dining room, breakfast baskets with coffee and pastries are delivered to guests each morning by 7:15 a.m. Guests may elect to have a limited selection of additional breakfast items delivered in their breakfast baskets between 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Pet Friendly Lodging
- Taylor’s Suite and Caroline’s Suite are our only pet-friendly accommodations.
- Taylor’s Suite can accommodate one or two larger dogs, and Caroline’s Suite can accommodate one dog up to 15 lbs.
- A pet fee of $50 is applied per dog, per day. Please note that if a pet is brought into another room or suite in the manor house, a minimum cleaning fee of $250 will be charged.
- For more specifics, please check our pet-friendly page.
We understand that situations arise that make cancellations or rescheduling unavoidable. However, last-minute cancellations are difficult to fill, especially if we have already turned other potential guests away.
- If canceling your reservation is necessary, the deposit minus a $50 cancellation/refund fee will be returned to you up to 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. Up to 7 days prior to your scheduled arrival, the reservation can be changed or a voucher provided for the deposit amount. If you choose to cancel 72 hours or less from your arrival date, you are responsible for paying the full amount of the reservation–there are no refunds and the reservation cannot be moved to another date. For a cancellation to be considered valid, you must receive an email confirmation from us that verifies the cancellation.
- For holidays, special events, and multiple room bookings, the deposit minus a $50 cancellation/refund fee per room will be returned up to 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival date. Regardless of the reason, NO refunds will be made less than 30 days prior to the arrival date, and the reservations cannot be moved to another date.
- The terms and conditions of the signed agreement apply to room blocks and entire property bookings for all elopements, weddings, and events.
- No-shows are responsible for paying the full reservation amount.
- No refunds or adjustments to your bill will be made for early departures.
We Love Our Environment
We limit the inn’s environmental impact as much as possible.
- We compost our food scraps.
- We recycle paper, plastic, glass, and aluminum.
- Our well water is regularly tested by the Anne Arundel County Health Department, and we use a water softener and filtration system to reduce the water’s iron content so our chlorine-free shower water feels amazing.
- We offer our own reverse osmosis filtered well water in glass pitchers and sanitized Acqua glass bottles instead of plastic bottles.
- We purchase our eggs, bacon, sausage, and ham from a local farmer.
- Organic fertilizer is used sparingly around the property.
- Our British-made Dimplex eco-friendly fireplaces, invented in response to the “Great Smog of London” event of 1952, are unique, realistic, non-emission fireplaces that offer all of the enjoyment and convenience of a gas fireplace.
- We’ll give you the option to have your towels changed daily or to reuse them a second day to help conserve resources.