Escape to Our Pet Friendly Hotel in Maryland
A Chesapeake Bay Getaway Welcoming Dogs & Horses
Our historic Maryland estate is situated on 74 scenic acres, just 800 feet from Herring Bay. With abundant fields, pastures, woods, and Rockwellian country roads to roam, our farm is the perfect place to enjoy time outdoors with your beloved dogs and horses. If your dog is well-trained off-leash, feel free to bring a frisbee or ball for a fun game of fetch. During warmer months, there are local restaurants in neighboring Chesapeake Beach and Deale offering dog-friendly alfresco dining. Sorry, no cats or other pets besides dogs and horses are allowed at the inn or on the property.
Fresh air, expansive open spaces and endless country roads
await at our luxurious Chesapeake Bay estate.
To ensure your pooch feels right at home during your stay, we offer:
- Complimentary dog biscuits.
- An in-suite water and food bowl for your pet.
- Breakfast delivery to pet-friendly accommodations.
Please read our rules and regulations in their entirety for pups and their owners to follow:
- Dogs are allowed in Taylor’s Suite (one or two larger dogs), and Caroline’s Suite (one dog up to 15 lbs).
- There is a pet fee of $50 per day, per dog.
- Owners are responsible for keeping their pets under control on the property at all times.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times, except when in your room or suite.
- Please bring a dog bed and portable kennel.
- Pets are not allowed on our furniture.
- Dogs left alone in your suite must be crated. No exceptions!
- Please do not leave dogs unattended on the balcony, crated or not.
- Pets must be house trained. If your pet has an accident inside, please notify housekeeping staff as soon as possible to aid in cleanup and avoid permanent damage.
- Avoid inconveniencing other guests by keeping barking to a minimum.
- Please bring doggy bags and clean up after your dog.
- Owners are financially responsible for any damages caused by their pets.
- If your dog doesn’t like strangers, please leave him or her at home.
- Please note that there may be horses on property. Keep your distance if your dog may be aggressive towards or spook the horses.
- If you would like to treat your dog to spa services, grooming, or need a place for doggy daycare while you enjoy a day of wine tasting, sailing or antiquing, then check out Perfect Pet Resort or Countryside Kennels – both just a few minutes away from the Inn.
- There is a $125 fee per horse per day.
- Please bring feed for your horse.
- While we provide the housing for your horse, you’re responsible for providing the care and feeding of your horse. Horses require special care that is unique to each animal, and we want to make sure your horse receives the tender loving care at the Estate that it’s used to at home. You know best what your horse needs!